Things I Do
- Design and development for interactive software: object-oriented design, programming, interactive audio, dsp, physics, AI (PC, MAC, web, mobile).
- 3D modeling, animation, texturing, lighting, and photo-realistic rendering.
- Audio sound design, mixing, and mastering.
- Media post-production: compositing, color correcting/grading, special effects,
encoding for delivery.
Tools I Use
- CG: modo, Cinema 4D, ZBrush, Adobe Production Premium (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.)
- Audio: Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Novation Remote SLMkII keyboard, Maschine groove production studio, Ableton Push, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, Spitfire Audio orchestral libraries, u-he Zebra, Camel Audio Alchemy, and Native Instruments Komplete 9.
- Various third party add-ons (e.g., VRay, Trapcode Suite, Magic Bullet Looks).
- A 370GB library of media assets: audio samples/sfx, music loops, textures, alphas, etc.
Things I’ve Done
Master of Science (EE), Princeton University (GPA 3.9). Bachelor of Science, Clarkson
University (GPA 4.0).
The Response Network: I acted as consulting interactive designer/developer for this
company's law enforcement training platform. Delivering on over five dozen projects, I was
involved in most aspects of the company's production. This included visualizing and
developing interactive content for courses, designing and developing Ruby on Rails-based web
applications for student acquisition and management, video/audio editing and formatting for
web delivery, and establishing a learning management system for the company written in PHP.
There are at the time of this writing over 10,000 users of the company's training programs.
Musicplayground: As principle designer and engineer, I pioneered advancements that
enabled high quality interactive music software. This served as the foundation and prototype
for today's popular music games and education. Published seven interactive music products,
including a joint project with Brian May (of Queen), and a project for the movie "Rock Star"
(Mark Wahlberg/Jennifer Aniston). Endorsements and praise from Roger Daltrey of The Who,
Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, and Paul McCartney (among other artists).
Interactive Media Lab at Dartmouth: Designed and developed the interactive multimedia
framework for IML's healthcare education programs. Based on this work, Simon and Schuster
published several titles, including HIV&AIDS, a training program for medical professionals.
These programs were praised by the US Director of the CDC for their educational and
The Synclavier Company: I designed the next-generation object oriented framework for
a line of professional audio and video software in the Synclavier product family. The modern
digital sampling workstation was invented at Synclavier/New England Digital, and it has been
used by professionals around the world (e.g., Sting, Stevie Wonder, and George Lucas on the
Star Wars films).
Bellcore/Bell Labs: I conducted research into the applications of artificial
intelligence for education. I also designed the software for a real-time telephony network
signal processing and test system. It was the largest working object-oriented software
architecture at that time. It received international attention and influenced the evolution
of the C++ language and modern object-oriented development principles/practices. I spoke at
national and international conferences and published several papers on this work.